The Clinical Assistant Prep (CAP) program (150-hour program) will teach foundational knowledge and basic science in medical terminology, basic pharmacology and nutrition, and anatomy and physiology, clinical patient care in electrocardiography, phlebotomy, parenteral administration, point of care testing, assessment & management skills of the patient, and administrative tasks as it applies to a clinical medical assistant. The achievement of these skills will allow premed students to obtain an optional, successful volunteer-based internship (click here to learn more about clinical internships) in the clinical setting with direct patient care experience. All students will be eligible to sit for the national certification exam in Clinical Medical Assisting (CMA) upon completion of the program and gain employment as a CMA. Our CMA certification exam pass rate is 98%. This course is a web-assisted course.
This program is offered every semester with 5 sections.
- Full-time section: 5 days, 8am-5pm each day; offered between school semesters
- Part-time section: Monday evenings for 10-weeks, 5:30pm – 9:30 pm
- Part-time section: Tuesday evenings for 10-weeks, 5:30pm – 9:30 pm
- Part-time section: Wednesday evenings for 8-weeks, 5:30pm – 9:30 pm; no clinical internship component
- Part-time section: Thursday evenings for 10-weeks, 5:30pm – 9:30 pm
Seats are very limited each semester.
*Please note: The full-time (5 days) section with the internship is strictly for students who are classed as a Junior, Senior, or Post-graduate. You may be asked to provide documents showing that you meet this criteria.
FALL FULL-TIME SEMESTER: (August 12 – August 16, 2019)
FALL FULL-TIME SEMESTER: (August 19 – August 23, 2019)
FALL PART-TIME SEMESTER: (September 16 – November 21, 2019)
WINTER FULL-TIME SEMESTER: (December 16 – December 20, 2019)